22 bedtime ritual ideas
Recently we shared 22 morning ritual ideas! This week we focus on the counterpart, bedtime. While a good morning ritual starts your day off right, a bedtime ritual will determine how well you sleep at night which means your morning will be even better! And quality sleep is essential and maybe the most important aspect of our health.
22 bedtime ritual ideas …
1. unplug from all screens.
2. take 5-10 minutes to tidy up.
3. set out your outfit for the morning.
4. prepare your breakfast and lunch for the next day.
5. list the top 3 things that you will focus on tomorrow.
6. set the mood by turning off artificial lighting. light a healthy + charitable candle instead!
8. brush + floss teeth + natural (alcohol free) mouth wash.
9. wash or buff your face with a natural cleanser.
10. stretch + yoga.
11. read something that makes you feel good.
12. snuggle up with a loved one, pet, or your favorite blanket.
13. pray + express gratitude.
14. listen to calming music.
15. cool down. turn the thermostat down to a sustainable temperature or turn on those fans!
16. spray your pillow and sheets with a calming + non-toxic scent.
17. refrain from snacking. late night snacking can lead to troubled sleep.
18. drink a cup of your favorite non-caffeinated hot tea. ('decaffeinated' still contains caffeine.)
19. get into something comfy. don't skimp when it comes to pajamas. choose an organic cotton top and bottom for a healthy and soft option. (confession: we like to wear this favorite to bed.)
21. hit the hay early. going to bed early means you will get more sleep which will lead to a better mood and improved productivity the next day.
What is your bedtime ritual?
If you don’t have one, what are some things you’re going to try?